jueves, 25 de abril de 2013

Twenty years after


What can be more beautiful in life than the image of a boy and a girl, clutching hands and with a pure heart filled with love on the day of their wedding? What can be more beautiful in life than the love of youth?

This is the answer: The image of an elderly couple close to the end of their journey through life. Their shaking hands are still clenched, their faces full of wrinkles are still radiant of love, their hearts old and tired still beat for their dream of love and devotion. Indeed, there's still a more beautiful thing in life than young love: the love which exists even when youth has been taken away by time.

An everlasting love over the years which will live on forever following the beating of two loving hearts. However, is there any one who can live a love like that? Or are there just a few who can?


From Kyle Mallory's notes

I’m busy at the workshop preparing some leather pieces for a new batch of dye, when suddenly a rose falls over them, and Kyle smooches me soundly. I left the cutting tools on the table. I don’t want to cut one of these smaller by mistake…
“You already finished at the forge?” I ask him, amused. The rose, a beautiful pale pink one, comes from our garden, and he usually goes to take care of it after he’s done with the forge. I turn my head and smooch him back, giggling, and I feel his palm tapping at my butt. I raise a brow, and he sticks his tongue out.

“I did. And Therisa helped me with the garden, since you’re so busy with your leather pieces”.
“Don’t forget cooking and housewifing”, I reply, slapping his hands away. “The garden was your idea, so now it is your responsibility”. I like roses, but I can’t deny I would have preferred to grow carrots or apple trees. I take the rose to put it in water. “Has Shane returned yet?”. Since he came back from the circle, and after helping Kyle in the busiest time at the forge, he goes to find Haakan and Lauren so they teach him how to control his magic. He misses the books and the serious teaching, but at least he’s now safe with us.
Kyle’s hand returns to my butt, and he laughs. “Not yet, but I don’t think he’ll take a lot of time. And don’t complain! I will help you more with the housework!”
“Oh?” I tease. “Where will you find time? Maybe you should stop tapping my butt and start washing dishes?”
He pouts. “So I’m only allowed to do it in the nights?”. But he won’t stop tapping, even while we both work back to the kitchen… it’s already an habit in him.
“Meh. After washing dishes you always disappear to train with your sword”
“But I’m always in the bedroom at ten” he smirks, finally leaving my bottom free while he rolls his sleeves up to start washing dishes. Meanwhile, I grab a jar and fill it with water for the rose. For a moment, I put my hand on my hips and watch him wash the dishes with a grin, then I start prepare the dye for the next batch of leather. I will have to leave it soaking during all the night, so I can dry them carefully tomorrow. I like my work, but the routine sometimes is boring.
And the very moment I turn my back to him, he pinches my ass quickly. I complain and stare at him, but he knows that deep inside I’m smiling.
“Save your strength for tonight, you stallion. At ten I expect you to be in bed, but not to sleep yet”
He takes his hand back at my stare, but he regrets nothing. Neither do I. And I know that while he’s back at washing the dishes, he’s thinking about what will do with me tonight.
I know it because when I start tanning the leather I’m also thinking about what he's going to do with me tonight.
When he finishes his part, he comes and hugs me from behind while I’m working and kisses my earlobe. It makes me startle, but I giggle, turn my head to kiss his nose and paint a line on his cheek with the dye I’m using to colour the leather. He chuckles, and when he notices what I’ve done, rubs his cheek against my face so we both have now our faces blue. Then he licks my lips, teasing.
One can’t continue working this way, so I laugh like crazy, stop tanning and kiss him. "If I embrace you I'll make your clothes dirty with dye" I add, my hands painfully away from his body.
He smiles like a retarded. "Embrace away. You can always make me dirty ". He holds my shoulder and kisses my lips softy
"Ah no. You don't know how difficult is to take away the dye spots from clothes. Besides, I prefer to do other dirty things to you". So I walk away to wipe my hands with a dirty cloth. 

 More mature Kyle (and Ryan) sketches, by Pham Ngoc Trinh
What can I say? Kyle is like a good wine, getting even better with age. I like his beard and his eyes and even the grey hair which has started to turn his temples into silver, though he always tries to hide it. He says I’ll always be so good at his eyes, that he doesn’t mind what people thinks, but I'm so sure I won’t look so good at his age!!!. After all the events in our life, the Blight and even the mage war, we have been lucky enough to settle down and open our own business… his forge and my leather shop. And we have both Shane and Therisa with us… what else can I ask for? To think how dark seemed to be the future, only some years ago…
Suddenly, we hear a noise coming from the forge, and even if we know the fire is already gone, we both run there. Even if Therisa is almost a grown up woman now, at her 15 years, she still likes to have fun there, playing with swords, daggers and armors… She wants to be a warrior, like dad and aunt Adri, and she doesn’t even seem to care for boys as other girls her age do. But my fear that she can have the same accident Kyle had when he was a child still is there and I suppose he feels the same, because we sigh of relief when we see her, safe and sound, trying to put some weapons on their stalls with a concerned look.
“Sorry, mom… dad… I was just… looking”
A quick look around shows me there’s no fire in the forge and I sigh of relief. Kyle snorts, like saying “I’m not SO stupid”, and I squeeze his hand. “Sorry, love… you are quite an example of… what not to do in a forge. But I’m glad you made it safe for…”
I hear a rattle sound behind the weapons stall and I rush to take Therisa away. “Be careful!” I shout, while Kyle rushes to get a sword, protective. But Therisa runs to stop him.
“No! Dad! There’s no problem! He… he’s a friend…”
From behind the weapons’ stall, a freckled face stares at us, terrified. It is a young boy, hardly the same age than Therisa. Pointed ears, fellow elf. Of course, here’s where Therisa plays and moves, in the alienage. I smile, relieved. Kyle also looks at him, and even if his face tries to smile, I can read the death sentence in his eyes. I put my hand in his chest trying to calm him and look at our daughter, trying to be serious.
“Therisa, darling. This is no place to play, you know it. And this is even more addressed to your friends”.
The boy sneaks away from the weapons’ stall and at a head movement from Therisa, runs away from the forge. Kyle is about to roar at him.
“Go and say goodbye to your friend” I say to Therisa. "Then come back. We must have a private talk".
Therisa nods and rushes to catch the poor boy. I doubt they will come back again, but even so, I need to calm my husband first.
“Did you see that???”. Kyle has a glitch in his eye which reminds me of Haakan. “She brought a boy to the forge. A BOY!”
I laugh, patting his chest. “She’s a teenager now. What did you expect?”
“You have to talk to her”, he says, deadly serious. And I smirk.
“Are you sure, my love?”. Maybe he doesn’t know me as much as he should, even after twenty years together…  I don't think Kyle wants really my help


Because some minutes later, when Therisa comes, I do actually carry her to her bedroom, and sit by her side, and give her some advice, girl to girl. Advice like be sure that the boy you choose is the right one for you, yes. But also be sure that, if she just want to have fun, that he’s good in bed, that he makes her laugh… And of course, I talk to her about the grindyroot.
At first Therisa blushes like a tomato. “Mom… I didn’t mean… he’s just a friend…”, but when we see Kyle’s face on the doorway, we both burst into laugh.
“MARI!” he shouts. Then he stares at me. “So being good in bed is the only thing for you?”, and rushes into the room decided to draw me out.
"All right, all right...”, I turn to Therisa again. “If he's serious and a good person and loves you it will do too", I finally say, because that’s the truth too. But we look the one to the other and giggle.
That makes his face even redder. “What’s so funny?” he says, pissed off.
We shake our heads at the same time, double cascade of red hair.
"Nothing, nothing, love. Just that you're so cute when you blush!"
He hisses. "Just the forge is hot. That why my face is red", he makes an excuse.
We both laugh again, then I slap Therisa's butt and tell her. "Go away with your boyfriend and pray that he continues being as charming as your father when he's fifty-three". When she leaves, I tiptoe and kiss Kyle's nose tip. "Then take a rest from work and refresh yourself"
He looks at Therisa running away before back to me, his face still red like an apple.
"Talking about refresh..", he smiles, kissing my head and stroking my hair, then winks.
I smile tenderly. "Am I included in the refreshment?" I tease.
He licks my face as an answer. "Isn’t this clear enough for you?!!", he whispers at my ear, and then nibbles it.
I feel wicked. "Sure, then what are we waiting for?" and I take him by his waist and lead him to our bedroom.
He laughs rumble, and pats my butt on the way."Maybe a new game will make this hot cool down", he jokes, biting my earlobe softly
I smile impishly. "I'm in for any new game, but I have the feeling the hot will only increase", and now it is me who pinches his butt. But in this case, he knows me too well, so before I can reach it, he just holds my hand tight.
"So i must increase speed ehh?!"
"Ah, no... Don't go too fast, is funnier", I say, trying to release my hand and licking his nose.
"But you can’t stand so long", he replies in teasing tone. Then he releases my hand and holds my waist, smiling
"Pfft, just try to test me" I say, looking straight at his green eyes
"Pffftttt, the last time, you laid like dead, nah" he pecks my cheeks, laughing.
"Look who talks" I giggle. "You snored like crazy that night, that’s why I was even more tired the following morning"
"I don’t snore like crazy... you just exaggerate too much" he bites my earlobe in revenge, and nibbles it whispering "…and you still lose"
"Because it's funnier to let you win" I purr, eyes closed and rubbing my cheek to his.
"Pffftt you said as if actually you are the winner". He rubs his cheek back, but returns to nuzzle my ear after. So I smile widely, and take advantage to nibble his ear too.
"Because I am. Never doubt that. All these twenty-four years, I have been the winner" I tease, while my hands caress his back. But I’m being serious too. Because that’s how I feel.
He groans, and hugs me tightly, heavily breathing. "Glorious victory, huh?!!"
I knead his nape, breathing in his ear. "And willing to start a new battle whenever you want, my love"
"Sounds like a great deal, love". He blows in my ear, teasing with a trumpet sound. But then he picks me up and walks rushing the last steps to the bedroom, while I kiss his neck and mess his hair, laughing.
“Hey, I’m not a child!” he complains, while putting me on the bed tenderly, as if we were going to break it if he did it with all his strength. Then he leans forward and attacks my ears again, carefully. I know he loves their pointy shape.
I start purring as soon as he leaves me on the bed, delighted with his tenderness. His eyes look into mine full of love, and when I caress his cheek his hand holds mine, rubbing it slightly. He’s not wearing a shirt, since he comes from the forge, so his muscles gleam with the sweat of the hard work, and just the sight is turning me on.Not wanting to spoil the moment, I stroke his naked back with the other hand, making him moan a bit.
He leans his head forward and begins kissing every inch of my face. I lean my head back, closing my eyes, and my purr becomes deeper. I catch the hand which holds mine and drag it to my lips, to kiss his fingers softly. He grins, and starts stroking my stomach, then leans down to bite softly her neck just to test. That makes me open my eyes again, fixing them in his. I groan, and start licking his fingers like a cat. The hand on his back starts going down to his buttocks.
"Still tight", I tease, kneading it.
"Pffftt, bad naughty kitty" he pinches my hip softly in revenge, leaving marks on my neck and reaching up to find my lips
"Cat is still naughty indeed, and wants moar", I laugh, and eat his lips, while my hands now slip into his trousers to knead directly over his skin. As a reward, he growls in my mouth, and his hand reaches to cup my breast, while the other goes down to my clit under my pants. "Mmmh, still know where to start" I groan, and suck his tongue while my hands go down from his butt to his crotch
"I know you well" he make impish smile, his hand slowly rubbing down there. The other hard taps slightly like teasing. He leans down to kiss my collarbone.
"So do I", I whispers, while my own hands explore and touch his sensible parts and my mouth looks for his earlobe, making him moan.
He continues playing and poking with his fingers, kissing soundly my skin, and I hear myself moaning. My legs move to catch him, and my hands stop exploring a bit to look for the laces of his trousers. Then he takes his fingers back and licks them clean, looking at me delighted, after that he starts opening my shirt and pants slowly.
I look back at him, this time I don’t feel tenderness anymore, but fire and desire. My hands have found the laces, and I’m undoing them, still looking at his eyes. I lick my lips in anticipation.
"There it is. That expression", he says, teasing voice. He has already finished with my clotes, and moves forward at me kissing my lips hungrily, while his hands return to my breasts, now without the fabric in the middle.
"That's how you like it, huh?" I say huskily. I bite his lips, and pulls his trousers down. "Let's see if you're as ready as I am", I add, and my hand grabs pleased his definitely prepared manhood. He just answers by pressing my breasts stronger, groaning, and moving back as if he didn’t want me to touch his baby, teasing me. He chuckles and pulls my lower lips quickly, making me complain, and I press his crotch in revenge. He groans, so I release it to grab his buttocks again, while playing with my tongue on his teeth. He takes one of his hands from my breasts and slaps my hips, smiling. Our tongues dance, and I soon feel his manhood aiming to my place. I kiss him even more hungry and move my hips to accommodate him better, trying to pull him closer with my hands.
He laughs a bit while kissing, starts pushing inside me and withdraws. I groan frustrated. He kneads my hips and thighs and rubs his nose at mine softly. I try to grab him closer with my legs, my hands roaming his back, and he rewards me thrusting slowly, holding my waist with his hands and kissing me tender.
I kiss him back, rocking my hips softly and  purring at the slow rhythm, like humming a song we’re dancing. My hands are still busy with his back, my legs don't let him go away. He smiles warmly at her and kisses softly both my ears, while changing his riding pace from slow to a bit quicker. He rubs his legs against mine and his hands cup my buttocks.
I moan louder, and lick softly his ears too. My hips increase the rhythm, my fingers follow his scars lovingly. I sigh. I could stay ages like this.
He lets out a groan, and slids further inside me, still kissing my earlobes, and suddenly he grabs me and lifts me, until I straddle his hips as he sits on the edge of the bed. I embrace him, letting him move me like a toy, then I sit over him with a sigh of relief, and start riding him softly.
Then he increases his rhythm and I realize he did that so now he can control me, with his hands on my waists, rubbing. I’m not willing to let him rule, so I put my legs around his waist, cage him with my knees, and rocks at his rhythm. Then I lean my head to kiss his forehead and make all my hair fall around them like a curtain. I start to pant softly, sweating, and I know the moment is coming…


The afterglow is peaceful and I’m laying on the bed with my head fitting in his armpit, when suddenly his eyes focus on the book in my bed table, and he glances back at me.
“Are you still writing about us?”  He moves up, still sitting on the bed, and takes the journal, flipping through its pages. “When will you finish it?”
“I will continue as long as I have something to tell. Which will probably be until I die” I chuckle a bit. “What do you think about what I wrote so far?”
He leaves it and buries his head in the pillows. “You honor me too much. Anyway, who are you writing this for? Nobody will know about it except you and me”
 “Maybe Therisa or Shane. I will leave these stories as my legacy”, I shrug.
 “I feel weird each time you call me hero”
 “But I don't write hero but "My hero", it's not the same. I know you’re not that kind of hero”
“Still feels strange” he insists. My stubborn, stubborn, stubborn shem.
I kiss his forehead. "Does it bother you?"
He perks a brow from the pillow, "Well....I feel very embarrassed", and he pokes my ribs softly.
I smile. "But you're my hero. My knight in shining armor. You always were"
"I still can’t get used to this" He kisses my cheek
I sigh. "Well you'll have to get used, because I'll keep saying it, and that won’t change because that's why I love you"
 “To be honest, I don’t know what is to be a hero”, he mumbles, a bit confused. “I just do what my heart says”.
I know that, because he's too modest. “You’re the best kind of hero, actually”, I say, putting a hand on his shoulder. “The one who doesn't want to be so”
 “Do you mean other hero stories are just about finding honor, pride, etc, to change life, are not good??” he says, confused.
 “Well a hero who seeks glory does it because of selfish reasons”, I say. “A hero who just wants to help others doesn't want glory, just feels happy helping”
He sighs. I know he doesn’t consider himself a good person, that he has it hard to speak his mind, and I have to be the strong one to support him, to help him find his way.
 “You’re the light, I am darkness” he sighs, as if he had followed my thoughts. I shake my head.
 “I’m not light. I’m cruel. Bitter. Selfish. I only care about the ones I love, I don’t give a damn for the rest…”
He finally gets out of the pillow and hugs me, rubbing his nose like a puppy needing protection. That only makes me more determined. I hug him back. "So you don't like the way I write our adventures?"
"Ok let it be!", he gives up.
I laugh "I don't think we'll become famous because of them. I just want to have our memories recorded"
"That why I said to let it be", he insists, headbutting at my stomach, like a cat which wants to be pet. So I indulge, cuddling him, and he enjoys the moment and sucks his finger. I chuckle, and pinch a bit his lips, then withdraw his finger to kiss him.
“My big baby”, I mutter, stroking his hair and kissing his forehead. He groans, snuggles his head more in my lap and hums a lullaby. I hug him tighter "So which is your favorite story?" I ask suddenly.
He stops humming. "Tsk tsk tsk… I don’t know, hard to chose"
"Oh come on. There must be one..."
"That sexy one…" he winks mischievous.
I laugh. “You pervert!”. Of course I have written about our sexual encounters, because they’re important to me. Actually several times, so I ask him “But which one?"
"Our first day!", he says quickly.
I smile "Is it? But it was so innocent…!"
"And it makes me all excited too!" he adds.
I purr "It was very exciting, because we both were so young and new". Then I raise a brow. "Though that book Ryan lent you… Do you still keep it?"
He whistles. "I burned it in my coal, to make a sword”.
"What a pity. You could have given it to Shane now he's old enough", I snort.
He pouts "What kind of dad I am??'
"One who cares for the happiness of his children?" I tease.
"But...". He then gets up and takes a book from his trunk, offering it to me.
"Didn't you burn it?" I laugh. So he was lying.
“Don’t laugh at me!", he snorts.
"I don't laugh at you… just… Why you said you had burnt it?"
"I said I burned it to make a sword". He point to his crotch and I get it.
"Oh. THAT sword" I chuckle.
He smirks pervert "And you tell me how hard and sharp it is?"
I move my hand there "Mmh, it looks really strong to me. Plan to test it?"
He chuckle, and moves back. "You already tested it, nah"
“But I think I want to test it again, because I seems so ready…”
“Ready because I am your stallion” he says proud.
“Yeah. But I won't write that in the story. Better to call you my hero”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario